We just got back from a National Preaching Conference in Orlando and my head is still swimming with all the great preaching we heard from some of the greatest preachers of our day. We spent the weekend with the likes of R.C. Sproul Sr. & Jr., John MacArthur, Allistair Begg among others. They said there were more than 4,000 in attendance.
The subject matter was of a great variety answering some of the most perplexing questions concerning philosophical and theological issues of our day. I wouldn't want to be in the hot seat answering some of these questions. Much time and thought went into their answers to the questions posed to them by the staff of Ligonier Ministries.
Thank goodness for notebooks and pens. I actually ran out of ink at least twice in the middle of furiously trying to keep up with some pretty fast speakers.
Here are the questions:
1. What is evil and where did it come from?
2. Why did Jesus have to die?
3. Is the Bible just another book?
4. Is the Doctrine of Inerrancy defensible?
5. Why do Christians still sin?
6. Is the exclusivity of Christ unjust?
7. How do we know which interpretation is right?
8. Does the Doctrine of Divine Decree eliminate human will?
9. Why does the universe look so old?
10. Is Calvinism good for the church?
11. If God is good, how could he command Holy War?
12. Can we enjoy heaven knowing of loved ones in hell?